Wyoming Valley Alcohol and Drug Services, Inc. has a vast array of experience in both treatment and prevention/education. Since 1973, the agency has been a beacon of hope for not only residents of Luzerne and Wyoming Counties, Pennsylvania, but the reach of WVADS, Inc. stretches throughout the state, nation, and the world. Examples of this can best be captured as follows:
- CEO was named to governors advisory counsel on
Drugs & Alcohol abuse, by Governor Edward Rendell. This eight member
statewide group is responsible for providing direction and
recommendations to the governor and Secretary of Health as well as
statewide drug and alcohol programs.
- 2 representatives of WVADS, Inc. were members of the statewide certification board in Pennsylvania for a combined 19 years.
- Representative of WVADS, Inc. served for 2 years each on both the national boards of National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) and the International Certification Reciprocity Consortium (ICRC), which represents certification bodies in the United States and world.
- Representative of WVADS, Inc. was part of a 3-member team that journeyed to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, at the request of the U.S. government to provide consultation to the Dominican government on drug issues.
- Representative of WVADS, Inc. was part of a 25-member delegation of addiction professionals to South Africa as part of a two (2) week People To People delegation.
- Representative of WVADS, Inc. has provided consultation to company who produces drug/alcohol educational products worldwide.
Additionally, WVADS, Inc. has become very well-known for its expertise in providing programs on the following topics:
- Ethics and Addiction
- Drugs of Abuse
- Tobacco Cessation
- Athletes and Drugs
- Addiction Issues Facing College Level Students
- How To Drug Proof Your Child
- Confidentiality and Addiction
- Addiction and The Young
- Workplace Drug/Alcohol Problems
- Establishing Effective School Based Prevention/Education
- Search and Seizure
- Overview of Gambling
- Children of Alcoholics
- Progression of Addiction
- Glossary of Drug Terms